Here are some of the resources and tools I recommend to save time, increase productivity, and improve efficiency while working remotely. I frequently update this page with new tools and references, so make sure you check back often. (Please note that some of those links are affiliate links – see full disclosure below).
- How to Design the ULTIMATE Home Office – My ebook that will help you design a clutter-free and highly productive home office. It contains over 40 pictures of all the details in it. Click here to see a picture of my home office and read about the 14 tips to design it.
- Waacom Bamboo Pen Tablet (newer model) – A tool I use to draw most of my graphics on my blog. Click here to see me using it in my About Me video.
- Standing Desk Laptop Table – If you want to turn your regular desk to a standing desk without spending thousands of dollars on a new work-space, this Furinno adjustable laptop table is a cheap & very effective solution. I love it! Read my review about it here
- Spill Proof Coffee Cup – If you drink a lot of tea or coffee right next to your laptop, you’ll want to get this. It’s a cool travel mug called Mighty Mug that you can’t knock over. Read my review (and see the video) of the best spill proof coffee cup here
- Don’t Reply All – My Amazon Best Selling book about writing better emails and improving communication with your team.
- Influencing Virtual Teams – My #1 Amazon Best Seller that will help you manage your team more effectively. It’s a quick read, and includes 17 tactics that help you get things done with your remote employees
- Write Your Book on the Side – My latest #1 Amazon Best Seller that shows you how I wrote and published the other two #1 Amazon Best Sellers while working a full-time job.
- Getting Things Done – One of the best books I’ve ever read about increasing productivity. This book has changed the way I organize my work and my life. It will dramatically help yours too.
- The 4-Hour Workweek – A classic by Tim Ferriss. This book has been the foundation in helping me understand how to maximize effectiveness, and build a few side businesses (he calls them “muses”) while working a full-time job.
Virtual Team Resources
- The Ultimate List of Virtual Team Technology Tools – A list of 60+ technology tools that you can use to manage your virtual team (categorized into 12 different functional categories). This list is updated frequently.
- Write Better Emails: Tactics for Smarter Team Communication [COURSE] – My latest online course that will help you save time and reduce the number of emails you have to send while communicating with your team. The course is designed for employees or entrepreneurs who frequently work with 5 or more team members. Offered by Udemy (Limited time offer: Get it for only $10 by clicking here)
- How to Manage & Influence Your Virtual Team [COURSE] – My bestselling online course that will help you manage and influence your virtual team to get things done. This is your own-stop shop about everything related to virtual teams. Offered by Udemy (Get it for 50% off by clicking here)
- Ganttopia – Download professional & elegant-looking gantt chart timeline templates for your PowerPoint slides. This is my latest pet project! Click here to get a free template.
- Free Virtual Team Training Videos – A series of 5 short videos that will help you become more effective at communicating with your virtual team.
Blogging & Marketing
- AWeber – I use AWeber for building my email lists. They have great customer service, excellent email reachability and amazing statistics. You can try them out for free for 30 days.
- LeadPages – I use LeadPages for creating beautiful landing pages for ebook launches, market validation and testing conversion rates. It’s a super-easy online service that comes preloaded with a set of templates that you can use to create pages.
- Bluehost – This is the host I use for my blog, and their customer service is amazing. They give you UNLIMITED space for your blog and a FREE domain when you sign up. Most importantly, Bluehost has a 1-click installation service for WordPress, which means you don’t have to worry about doing any of the initial blog setup yourself.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that if you click on them and end up purchasing the products, I get a commission. You will pay the same amount for those products whether you purchase them through my links or not, so you will not be paying anything extra. If you’d rather not go through my links, just copy/paste the name of the product and Google it. If you do go through my links and end up buying anything through me, please let me know so I can personally thank you 🙂